Alsace is located at the heart of a European Medtech hub, offering outstanding market access and a rich and supportive business environment
Alsace, a Med Tech Hub
- Integrated in the world-class French-German-Swiss Biovalley Cluster, Alsace benefits from a tri-national network of excellence dedicated to the Medtech sector and supported by a unique environment.
- Players located in Alsace range from large international companies such as Merck-Millipore, Hartmann, Bruker Biospin, Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics, and Rocky Mountain Orthodontics… to many new thriving highly innovative start-up companies such as Axilium Robotics, Defymed, Protip, Cell Prothera…
- Major research facilities are present, including I-Cube, a driving force for research in Strasbourg whose main areas of application include biomedical engineering.
- International experts and opinion leaders are available, particularly in the fields of bio-medical implants and image-guided minimally invasive surgery, with world-renowned institutes including IRCAD and IHU …
Alsace, a gateway to the European Medtech market
- Direct access to the three leading European countries, amounting to more than 45% of the European Medical Technologies market: France, Germany and Switzerland.
- A dozen university hospital centers with international scope within a 200 km radius, favoring access to Key Opinion Leaders to support you in the launching of your new products.
Alsace, a rich and supportive business environment
- A Med Tech Campus, located in Strasbourg encompassing patient care, research and engineering laboratories, medical training and covering the whole development cycle of medical devices, from the design stage to their marketing.
- Dedicated real estate solutions ranging from a full service business center to facilities dedicated to more established companies in the medical technologies field.
- A centralized TTO, SATT Conectus, facilitates company access to research.
- A unique fiscal environment with the very competitive French R&D Tax Credit.
- An incubator, SEMIA, focused on supporting project holders in their development. A large number of incubated companies are from the health sector.
- A well-organized Cluster organization: Alsace BioValley, is identified by the French Government as one of the major Life Sciences clusters in France. It’s main focus in Therapeutic. Innovations, including the Drug Development Sector as well as the Medical Device sector.
It is driven by Healthcare companies, for Healthcare companies.
The cluster offers companies a range of services including: funding assistance for collaborative R&D projects, coaching for fundraising, partner& client identification, customized relationship…
Your contact Medical Technologies
+33 (0)3 89 29 81 28